About Us

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Handcrafted woodwork designed for use in storage and display. Boxes, cabinets, display cases and shadowboxes to provide safe environments for collectibles and to help keep special items close at hand. Perfect for small places needing to combine style & storage. Everything listed on my site is completely handmade by me in my shop from scratch. I use mostly recycled & reclaimed wood for my creations and focus on domestic woods and avoid any endangered exotic woods. Please contact me via email (jmcraftworks@gmail.com) for a custom order and I’d be happy to help with an original design for a special one-of-a-kind handcrafted item, a custom ring box, coin display case & mount, or a keepsake box.

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Custom Coin Display
My design for a coin display. The display case is handmade of solid black walnut with framing glass front & back.  The interior dimensions are 4" x 4" x 1 3/8". The front frame attaches with 4 pairs of n50 neodymium magnets for a secure fit that's easy to detach.
Custom Coin Display
The coin mount is custom sized to your coin and uses clear acrylic for the support and matching black walnut for the base. Most US dollars and Spanish 8Reale coins are 38mm in diameter (1 1/2")and most of the mounts I make are sized to hold these, although a mount can be made for half-dollars, quarters, even nickels.
Custom Coin Display
The base uses 2 pairs of n50 neodymium magnets to center the mount in the case and hold it stable while moving.
Custom Coin Display
The silver dollar in the example shown is 38.05mm in diameter and 2.5mm in thickness, although with photos and accurate measurements, I can custom cut a mount to fit most coins.













If you're interested, please email me at: jmcraftworks@gmail.com and I'd be glad to help you with a custom mount sized to fit your coin.

No comments: