About Us

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
Handcrafted woodwork designed for use in storage and display. Boxes, cabinets, display cases and shadowboxes to provide safe environments for collectibles and to help keep special items close at hand. Perfect for small places needing to combine style & storage. Everything listed on my site is completely handmade by me in my shop from scratch. I use mostly recycled & reclaimed wood for my creations and focus on domestic woods and avoid any endangered exotic woods. Please contact me via email (jmcraftworks@gmail.com) for a custom order and I’d be happy to help with an original design for a special one-of-a-kind handcrafted item, a custom ring box, coin display case & mount, or a keepsake box.

Monday, January 13, 2014

First Prototype_Tiny Jewelry Display Case


JMCraftworks_Mahogany Prototype_02_December 15 2013
Original design for a tiny jewelry display case.  This was a prototype that I designed last year (2013) for a jeweler as the basis for a large order.  That project fell through so I'll continue producing my design to sell locally and on my website.   This is of mahogany and measures approximately 3/4" wide x 4" in length.  There is a thin sheet of glass in front allowing you to see the interior. It pops open and snaps shut using 4 tiny neodymium magnets. There are no sharp edges, no protruding hinges, no clasps, and no catches.
JMCraftworks_Mahogany Prototype_01_December 15 2013